Now Hiring: Program Coordinator
Job Overview: Supports the work of the Executive Director and the Board of Outreach North America (ONA) by recommending, overseeing, and coordinating programs, projects, and systems that advance the planting and strengthening of churches through the presbyteries of the Associate Reformed Presbyterian (ARP) Church.
- Recommend, oversee, and coordinate programs, projects, and systems to help the executive director and board in their work. Specifically:
- Assist the executive director and board chairman in onboarding new board members to help them understand the role of ONA and their role as board members. This includes familiarizing the board with directives from Synod.
- Work with directors and staff to develop programs and systems that promote engagement with church planting and church strengthening throughout the Synod, and that helps raise up church planters from within the ARP. This will include helping the executive director with the GO2 initiative in conjunction with World Witness.
- Work with directors and staff to develop programs, systems, and communication assets for recruiting potential church planters from outside the ARP and for making the ARP visible to like-minded churches looking for a denomination.
- Serve as a key advisor for the ONA grant and loan program. Work with the executive director and with central services in monitoring expenditures.
- Work with church strengthening/vitality coach to develop systems to help track his engagement with churches and the progress of these churches.
- Work with staff to make sure they have the computer and digital resources they need to do their work effectively.
- Recommend, oversee, and coordinate programs, projects, and systems to support the church planting and church strengthening work of our presbyteries. Presbyteries have the primary oversight of church plants, mission congregations, and organized churches within their bounds.
- Coordinate with Presbytery Church Extension Committees to make sure ONA programs are supporting the work of our Presbyteries
- Proactively seek resources and develop programs and processes to better support the Presbytery Church Extension Committees. This includes training resources, checklists, manuals, forms, and guidelines.
- Coordinate ONA staff to provide support to presbyteries in church planter recruiting, assessment, and training.
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee programs to equip churches to understand the demographics of their community. Help presbytery committees and potential church planters in using these programs to study the demographics of potential church planting sites. Monitor these programs for effectiveness and recommend needed expenditures to the board. This will include:
- Making these programs known and available
- Training church leaders to use and interpret demographic data
- Helping presbytery committees, church planters, and churches run reports.
- Loves the Lord, committed to reaching the lost, willing to support ONA’s gospel mission, and theologically compatible with the ARP Church.
- College or university studies and relevant work experience in developing systems and processes and coordinating programs.
- May or may not be an ordained minister.
- An organized self-starter
- Ability to coordinate people, processes, systems, and programs
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google, and other ministry related applications
- Excellent people, communications, and computer skills
Salary and benefits:
- Salary range: $47,000 – $62,000 depending on skills and experience
- Holidays and paid time off
- Employer paid insurance package: medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability
- Contribution toward retirement plan if ordained and under a presbytery approved call
To Apply: Submit resume along with a one-page cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this position. Provide name, email address, and phone number for three character witnesses who have been in a position to observe you in a work environment. Send to: email@example.com. For questions, contact: Alan Avera, Interim Executive Director, Outreach North America via email or via phone: 864-630-9110.