- Refreshing Pastors and Wives with a time to getaway. (Your cost is only your travel to and from Holden Beach, NC. Outreach North America pays for the rest—speakers, food, and lodging.) The afternoons on Tuesday and Wednesday will be free to walk on the beach, swim (pool or ocean), or rest. We are at the end of Holden Beach which means we will essentially be the only folks around.
- Teaching about the Gospel and the Pastor. How can pastors rest in the completed work of Christ and yet move our congregation ahead? Rev. Matt Bohling, a PCA church planting and church vitality trainer, will be the speaker. He works with MNA (Mission to North America) in the PCA. He participated last year and provided great content and perspective from his ministry experience.
- Participating in the FFCM (Framing the Future of Your Church and Ministry). Our desire is to have church sessions committed to having a Vision Team of 8 to 12 members involved in a process from January 1, 2021, until September 2021. I have attached a brochure from last year which you can share with your session.
The dates are changed for this year to:
- ASSESS Retreat – September 14-17, 2020
- ASK Livestream – January 9, 2021, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. (No travel necessary. Meet at your church or in individual homes if Covid-19 limits gathering together.) Covers: 1) Mission & 2) Core Values.
- ANSWER Livestream – April 24, 2020, 9:30 a.m.- 2:30 p.m. Again no travel due to live stream. Covers: 3) Strategy, 4) Measures (of a Mature Disciple); and Integration in the local church
Attached is the “Vision Frame”. I ask the questions. We provide a notebook. Your vision team of 8-12 people provide the biblical answers and the context. Today in a Post-Christian, Secular culture and now with Covid-19, it is more important than ever that we have Clarity about what is our Mission!
Finally, you will develop some friendships with the Pastors in this cohort of ARP ministers. You will have monthly Zoom meetings to help you facilitate and follow your progress. Also, you will be able to ask me as the church vitality coach for assistance as you work through the process.
It is essential that you make a commitment as a pastor to the retreat. This also means your session approves of their church being involved in the FFCM process. The total cost will be no more than $200 for copying FFCM Notebooks for your 8 to 12 vision team members plus your travel to and from Holden Beach. Session Approval by July 30th at the latest.
We face a new day in gospel ministry because of the challenges of a Secular culture and now Covid-19. By September we will know by experience how the virus has affected our congregation’s giving and corporate worship habits. So during the retreat will also devote an hour to discussing how we can best do ministry in light of the impact of Covid-19.